Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest update neutered my Phantoms
(16-Nov-2015, 22:01)stonedragon Wrote: Hi Peeps,

So I have an update.

No, the Phantoms were not responsible for my Meridan Sooloos not being able to stream. It was my sticky fingers and impatience. There is a setting in the app, that I had not selected which prevented the streaming. I don't know how this setting would have changed between me updating the Phantoms and going to play some music. Its a puzzle. So sorry Devialet, for blaming the firmware update on you. Blush

However, the sound... its changed. And it takes getting used to.

Before the update, from 1.3.x the sound was there up there and in your face. A setting of 30/35 was good. That has now moved up to about 40-45 for most music. Then things really start to happen at about 50. But I find the bass missing at the lower volumes. I remember being in awe, that at about 30-35 you could still get a good dose of bass. But that seems to have gone, at these lower levels. To me, the bass only truly gets going at around 45-50.

This new firmware takes getting used to. Personally I preferred the older sound. I guess I will get used to the new sound, which is good, but to me the speakers no longer have that 'je ne sais quoi' because the bass seems to have been scaled back. Is just me, or do others feel the same?

There is no difference, only volume setting is changed.
Maybe you have to do a complete factory reset or listen again with a glass of wine

Messages In This Thread
Latest update neutered my Phantoms - by sleach - 07-Nov-2015, 22:55
Latest update neutered my Phantoms - by msg - 08-Nov-2015, 15:47
RE: Latest update neutered my Phantoms - by Johnnydev - 16-Nov-2015, 22:26