Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev vs Linn Klimax Twin power amp
(07-Nov-2015, 22:40)Antoine Wrote: AIR is the name for Devialet's streaming solution. It can use an ethernet or WiFi connection from a PC or Mac running the AIR driver and media player.

There's also the option of USB from PC/Mac into the Devialet. It doesn't use the AIR driver but USB Audio 2 drivers. USB needs tweaking to sound as good and better than AIR from the box.

AIR is not yet/officially supported on the latest versions of Windows and OS X. Devialet has not given any statement if/when these will be offically supported. There's a number of people that run into problems using AIR. Devialet is not helping these people properly and taking too long to solve their issues. No one here can predict if you will run into these issues. Perhaps you can agree to a trial with your dealer.

My dealer is able to loan me a 200 just to see how the streaming goes, so I may do that. Trouble is, they are 250 miles away! Ethernet will be best for me as the Mini is in another room, so hopefully that will be ok, its wireless streaming Qobuz from my MBP that may give problems with AIR. Having said that I have a very strong WiFi signal in the room and I have never had any problems with dropouts on the Linn streaming Hi Res (192).
Dev 220 Pro/ATC scm40/Sony9000es/Roon/Mac Mini/Anthem 720 AVR/ATC C1 Center/M&k Tri-Pols/Sony U800/Sony 65A1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dev vs Linn Klimax Twin power amp - by jukemark - 07-Nov-2015, 23:35
RE: Dev vs Linn Klimax Twin power amp - by Davyboy - 08-Nov-2015, 07:14