Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev vs Linn Klimax Twin power amp
(07-Nov-2015, 22:41)PhilP Wrote:
(07-Nov-2015, 22:29)jukemark Wrote: That sounds encouraging!
I assumed I need AIR to stream Qobuz from my MBP?
Both the Mini and MBP run Ei Capitan...
The Mini and the Dev will be connected with Cat 6 running through the latest Time Capsule/Extreme.

An alternative would be to stream Qobuz from your MBP using a USB or optical cable direct to the Devialet 

I have no idea how well AIR works with El Capitan... Maybe ask on here whether anyone else has tried it Smile

Another option would be to buy a cheaper streamer like an Aurender N100h or X100L (excellent SQ - perhaps as good as or maybe better than an Akurate) together with a Devialet 200. I don't think you would be disappointed. Sadly Aurender support Tidal but not Qobuz. The Auralic  Aries does support Qobuz. as always, home demo advised Wink
I want to stream wirelessly, its bad enough not being able to do it from my iPhone or iPad. And the Aureder is out if it doesn't do Qobuz. 
I could just keep my Linn and use a 200 perhaps. The Linn sounds great and never misses a beat, that includes the software and Apps too Smile
Dev 220 Pro/ATC scm40/Sony9000es/Roon/Mac Mini/Anthem 720 AVR/ATC C1 Center/M&k Tri-Pols/Sony U800/Sony 65A1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dev vs Linn Klimax Twin power amp - by jukemark - 07-Nov-2015, 23:40
RE: Dev vs Linn Klimax Twin power amp - by Davyboy - 08-Nov-2015, 07:14