Poll: Still Happy with your Devialet?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
91.46%
75 91.46%
NO
3.66%
3 3.66%
Still Testing
4.88%
4 4.88%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Still Happy with your Devialet?
D200, also from Naim kit of similar price. Satisfied - yes definitely on another level. Disappointments - AIR over WiFi / Ethernet has been spotty but USB pretty consistent. Also more sensitive to cables and setup than I'd like - in some ways a bit like Naim.
A resounding "Yes" from me - had my 200 for 9 months now and am still blown away every time I fire it up.  Plan to explore the 400 upgrade once funds allow.  I didn't bother with Air at all, aside from a quick test to see if it worked (it soon fell apart with HD content) I have an inherent mistrust of any wireless distribution, so quickly moved on.  Started by using my squeezebox via digital input, and recently moved to a MacMini over USB, with the wonderful Roon as the control surface on an iPad.

Devialet lose points for their customer service, primarily what feels like some arrogance surrounding engaging with the user community, and of course the Air issue that many on this forum rightly expected to work out of the box.  However, they dealt with my toasted filter board issue quickly & efficiently.  Overall nothing takes the shine off what is a revolutionary product in both function & looks, that allows those of us who like to dabble almost infinite opportunity to do so, and when we don't just sit back and enjoy the music.
Devialet 200, MacMini, Roon control via iPad, B&W CM10 S2 Speakers.
(10-Nov-2015, 17:57)j22 Wrote: D200, also from Naim kit of similar price. Satisfied - yes definitely on another level. Disappointments - AIR over WiFi / Ethernet has been spotty but USB pretty consistent. Also more sensitive to cables and setup than I'd like - in some ways a bit like Naim.

Amusingly, when I first compared my Naim system (NDX,XPS2,Hi-Line, 282, Hicap, 200) to a Devialet 200 the Naim was on a £2,500 Fraim and the Devialet sat on its cardboard packing box. The Devialet sounded better in every way and my Naim system was sold in a couple of weeks.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(10-Nov-2015, 17:27)PhilP Wrote:
(10-Nov-2015, 16:48)wwm Wrote: Extremely happy with my 800 and now with an Aurender X100 it is for me outstanding. Go back to Naim? no chance.
Cheers,
Bill

Hi Bill, great to hear that you still love your 800.  I know its off-thread but I wondered whether you have heard the new WB Endeavours yet?  I was sent an invitation to hear to them and to meet Craig and Christina but was sadly unable to go.  Cheers, Philip
Hi Phil,
No, have not heard the Endeavors, could not justify chopping in my C60's as they are sounding so good at the moment, plus I am a "poor" pensioner Angel
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
It's a yes from me. Had my 200 for just over a year now. Air doesn't bother me as I use JRiver on Mac> Oppo 105 analog out> Dev.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I love my Le200 since Mar 2015. I guess I'm one of the lucky few who has the AIR working well and Toslink connection up to 24/192. Now just hope room correction comes early.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(11-Nov-2015, 10:13)hk6230 Wrote: …..Now just hope room correction comes early.

It's categorically not coming. That's what Devialet support told me very recently anyway. Nor is a new iPhone/ipad app/remote.

I can see this poll being the one Devialet point their execs to though, to show how they're doing everything right….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

+1 YES, 6 month with my D200, and I love it.
I really appreciate AIR, but still having issues streaming 24/192 files (ok so far up to 24/96).
Also playing DSD files on the USB with Daphile.
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
The closest approach to the original sound has born again.....

Since 1981 I own Quad electrostatics. And yes, the Devialet200 is marvelous on them (2812; 60C Dev temperature). I sold my Quad tubes with Italian North Star pre pre and that for a Quadie. The distortion of a Quad speaker can be very low; no speakers can do that. Just like Devialet does in amplification and the combination is unbeatable and cheap (in a way, I know). Therefore I thought: I buy a Wooaudio converter and put the Devialet quality into Stax electrostatics. No tubeamplifiers anymore. And it works. Cheap....Only ......the WBT costs are higher then the converter itself, but so what? My Kemp powerconditioning with vdHul mainstream is more expensive then the Devialet as well and it works. Super.
I neverwhere heard this quality of sound in Munich last May. And I was there a couple of days......
Next steps: Phantom in 5.1 when it arrives and listening to the 400. Not done yet.
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

What I'm happy with is what I originally bought: a D-Premier which I upgraded to a 250.
The pleasure remains with what Devialet initially provided: beautiful, clean sonics.
The displeasure remains with the cavalier attitude of the Devialet company. I surmised during the early obfuscations about AIR that Devialet's customer relations department has adopted a "tell them anything; it will keep them quiet" strategy as they muddle through their engineering failures. They have continued that approach through the years.
Aurender N10 > Devialet 250 Expert Pro > Audio Physic Avantera