Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guildford Audio Devialet Workshop 11th & 12th October
(13-Oct-2014, 10:51)GuillaumeB Wrote: A very pleasant afternoon spent on Saturday with the folks from Guildford Audio and Absolute Sounds, Thierry from Devialet and thumb5, IanG-UK and brit.

A big thanks to Trevor and Gavin for putting this on.

Some great sounds although I must admit I spent more time chatting in the corridors and in the hotel lobby than sitting in the listening rooms. With that said I loved the sound of the 800 and Wilson Sasha 2s, very similar to my setup except with Transparent XL speaker cables and a lovely looking Metronome transport. Might have to try one of these sometime in my own setup just to compare to streaming. Good to see some Entreq ground boxes in the mix too...

Guillaume

Yet another thank you to Trevor and Gavin for fronting this Devialet event. Also thanks to Thierry and Pedro for the wealth of info, and knowledge they were able to impart. Certainly sorted out a few issues I had.

Thoroughly enjoyed meeting, and chatting, with IanG-UK and Guillaume. Think I also met and chatted with Thumb5 and Confused, but cannot be sure! Anyway this is what these events are all about - you can learn as much in the margins as in the event itself!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guildford Audio Devialet Workshop 11th & 12th October - by brit - 13-Oct-2014, 15:00