Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo vs dual mono (250/800, 200/400)
Well, for me, moving from 200 to 400 was a multitude of reasons. First of all I am on the hunt for new speakers and a hot candidate is the Amati Futura which played beautifully with the 200 but perhaps missed the last control and delicacy. And also I felt that I wanted to future prove and be done with the amp side for what ever loudspeaker I'll finally chose. Another reason was that mono as such always been a way to get better music reproduction and my previous amplifier setups have been at least mono power amps. The technical specs with the lowered noise floor, one ADH etc dedicated only for one channel promised some real performance hike, which it also did.
And the 400 delivered more than I thought it would and it is hard to believe before you hear this when coming from the excellent sounding 200.
For me this served as good value for the money and something I wouldn't be without now.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stereo vs dual mono (250/800, 200/400) - by Mikeeo - 14-Aug-2014, 07:50