Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Filter Advice for a Dev 200 pls?
(16-Aug-2014, 20:04)Krorghar Wrote: Many thanks for the explanation Kunter, didn't knew that. So filtering is a bad iddea then for the Devialet. Which power cord could you advice pls? And any Isolation transformer? budget about 1000€, don't want to spend more in this Area.

I would spend a bit more than 100 euros for the wall outlet
Furutech Schuko FT-SWS Gold is good...
http://www.vhaudio.com/acreceptacles.html#schuko

and for the remaining 900 euros you can find second hand Synergistic Research (Precision Reference or better yet Hologram A / D, all previous generation than the current production and are excellent) or Nordost (anything above Valhalla)...

It is a good idea to buy power cords second hand (in many cases less than half retail price), give a good clean on connectors (I use ultrasonic cleaning from time to time with a cheapo jewellery cleaner) and enjoy...And yes this cleaning is a must, especially if the previous owner likes cigars as much as I do ...

JPS Kaptovator was also a winner at the brief time I had the chance to try it out..

Sablon audio is getting rave reviews for Devialet but I did not have a chance to hear their products...

LessLoss, Furutech Alpha, Telos Power Cords were not to my liking for the Devialet...

Hope you find your cup of tea. Just don't rush, and try to have more than couple of hours listening/testing sessions with each cable you try...

Cheers...
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power Filter Advice for a Dev 200 pls? - by Kunter - 17-Aug-2014, 10:01