Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Filter Advice for a Dev 200 pls?
Agree that Kunter sums the challenges up very well. My personal, unproven take on this is that:

1. The Devialet SPMPS is very noisy (I believe this is commonly agreed upon/ proven). Obviously the engineers at Devialet has gone to great lengths to isolate the internal electronics in the Devialet from this noise and I have a hard time understanding that a power conditioner would add any significant benefit other than perhaps change the coloring of sound, which for some might be what they want.

2. Source components like preamp and DACs are most sensitive to electronic noise and also draw sufficiently little current to hopefully not be impacted by the "slowness" of a filter/ conditioner. Hence, I would expect the ideal solution to be to put a conditioner in front of the source, isolating it from the Devialet and other sources of noise and then connect the Devialet directly to the wall wart.

I am hoping that someone with access to a good conditioner could be bothered to test this theory.
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power Filter Advice for a Dev 200 pls? - by Borgen - 26-Nov-2014, 07:48