Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Filter Advice for a Dev 200 pls?
I know I've already said this before elsewhere but I do believe one of the most cost effective upgrades you can carry out is installing a dedicated consumer unit/distribution board for your hi-fi circuits. If this is not possible then at the very least I would look into having one or two dedicated spurs running from your existing CU.

I use Furutech GTX-D ® wall sockets:

http://www.furutech.com/2013/02/02/1746/

Guillaume
[/quote]

Hi,

I can second that as a dedicated spur at the consumer unit with a dedicated run of mains cable made the biggest impact in my system. If you can go for that economically do that but the longer run of dedicated mains cable the more cost of course. With dedicated spur, double outlets, 9 meters mains cable and installation I spent about 1000 EUR.
Even our tv got much better picture (colors, contrast, sharpness etc) from this and system just sounds so more composed. I use the Rhodium outlet from Furutech as for me it gives a 'cleaner' sound signature.
Here's a link to the mains cable I use: http://www.highendcable.co.uk/Audience%2...nstall.htm

/Mike

(17-Aug-2014, 10:01)Kunter Wrote:
(16-Aug-2014, 20:04)Krorghar Wrote: Many thanks for the explanation Kunter, didn't knew that. So filtering is a bad iddea then for the Devialet. Which power cord could you advice pls? And any Isolation transformer? budget about 1000€, don't want to spend more in this Area.

I would spend a bit more than 100 euros for the wall outlet
Furutech Schuko FT-SWS Gold is good...
http://www.vhaudio.com/acreceptacles.html#schuko

and for the remaining 900 euros you can find second hand Synergistic Research (Precision Reference or better yet Hologram A / D, all previous generation than the current production and are excellent) or Nordost (anything above Valhalla)...

It is a good idea to buy power cords second hand (in many cases less than half retail price), give a good clean on connectors (I use ultrasonic cleaning from time to time with a cheapo jewellery cleaner) and enjoy...And yes this cleaning is a must, especially if the previous owner likes cigars as much as I do ...

JPS Kaptovator was also a winner at the brief time I had the chance to try it out..

Sablon audio is getting rave reviews for Devialet but I did not have a chance to hear their products...

LessLoss, Furutech Alpha, Telos Power Cords were not to my liking for the Devialet...

Hope you find your cup of tea. Just don't rush, and try to have more than couple of hours listening/testing sessions with each cable you try...

Cheers...

Mike here,

JPS Kaptovator is a very good one and was the first PC that showed me that PC has a strong place in the system. It is a very dynamic cable with lots of kick. However I went on to the Sablon Petit Coronas (with the Oyaide 004 plugs) which was a step up from the Kaptovator as it added small details in the whole freq spectrum and sounds a bit more balanced. It takes some time to realize that it a very good pc. the only thing I miss with Kaptovator is the slam factor but I suspect this was more a coloration issue with the Kaptovator.

Cheers

(17-Aug-2014, 16:24)Krorghar Wrote: Many thanks Kunter, will do.

For the wall outlet, gold is enough or I should get rhodium if I can? I mean .. does the extra 50€ rhodium cost, make a noticeable difference?

Hi,

For me Rhodium works better than the gold version as in my dedicated mains system had one gold and one rhodium so I can compare directly. Rhodium gives a more clear delivery without being analytic or disturbing at the top freq. I use the gold outlet for TV and movie system (Oppo player).

/Mike

(15-Aug-2014, 21:03)Krorghar Wrote: Hi again friends.

This time is the Power Filter Turn. I have Read that the Dev is specially vulnerable to Noise and unconsistent Waveforms in the power net, and that a Power Filter is a necessary upgrade.

I dont want to spend half the cost of the Device in a Power filter (mostly because cables will follow), so I have been considering these models, that have a decent price tag:

[Image: FurutechE-TP60E_zps9185dca5.jpg]

[Image: XindakXF-2000E_zpsc67d9deb.jpg]

[Image: FurutechE-TP80E_zpsab2e0e95.png]

[Image: Furutechf-TP615E_zpsa9e5270a.jpg]

[Image: IsotekOrion4_zpsbe50fc9c.jpg]

Which one would you recommend for a Devialet 200? also, please feel free to advice any other models. All comments greatly wellcome, many thanks guys.

Hi,

With a dedicated mains system I probably would say that any filter would be of negative effect as already commented on. With dedicated mains system I would recommend a good quality mains distribution box that has a star configured wiring inside, contacts should be of same quality as the wall unit.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power Filter Advice for a Dev 200 pls? - by Mikeeo - 02-Jan-2015, 08:46