Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question of transparency - Help or Harm?
Interesting thoughts. My view, FWIW, is that a bit more transparency wouldn't hurt at all.

I have never had any problems with my 250 (apart from a busted AIR card, which was replaced FOC under warranty by the dealer). I listen to it nearly every day and really enjoy it.

I know that not everyone has the same experience as me, and I think this forum has become the focus of a lot of dissatisafction. Though, in fairness, who posts just to say - "yep, everything is good, thanks"?

Perhaps the root cause is the lack of an informed dealer network; if I go to my hi-fi dealer and ask about some new speakers, for instance, I'm confident I will come away with the info that I need. By contrast, I've spoken to a few dealers who told me that they know very little about what's happening with Devialet - the company, the product lines or future developments.

They are a very fast growing company, and no doubt experiencing some growing pains as they find an operational/business that works for them. Nevertheless, a professional Comms and Marketing function seems to be lacking, and I suspect this is something they will need to address before too long.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question of transparency - Help or Harm? - by ozthepoz - 05-Dec-2015, 10:20