Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question of transparency - Help or Harm?
Roon, along with their forums, has really changed the way I think of how a 'modern' company can be run - they're like a breath of fresh air.

They engage with their users to a level I've never seen before, and take user feedback seriously, while also holding a firm line on things they really believe in as the core of their product/ethos.  So far on the whole its been extremely successful, although as would be excepted in some cases it's made their lives harder as they are living very publicly and its meant a bit of flak in a few cases where any other company could have hidden away.

I also think a lot of the Chord Hugo's success, and the models since, were largely down to Rob Watts engaging with users.

By calling systems 'Expert' Devialet acknowledge that users are probably somewhat more demanding, yet they really don't engage or take onboard user feedback very well.

Those that know Devialet better as a company seem to consider them still genuinely interested in looking after their Expert customers even if it doesn't seem obvious at the moment, so following these examples should definitely be on their radar.

I guess it takes the right people and attitude, but it really can work wonders for the brands. I think users then have a really strong allegiance to the company if they feel they've somehow been involved or 'let in' to the thought processes behind certain decisions, or even just listened to.

One other thing that has been used as an 'excuse' several times in my communication with Devialet, is that their updates, and software like Air or iOS app, are free.

I put it to them that they should discuss things like this with the community.  Perhaps some users would be happy to pay for advanced features that not many people want?  Its a complex issue I know, and I for one really like their model of 'free updates for life', but if in reality this just isn't sustainable, perhaps thats something to think/talk about.  Maybe for another thread….

In the meantime someone should come forward and clear up the Air situation regardless.  Just stand up and say 'this is where we're at, this is the plan'. Man up and deal with it and show that you're a technologically advanced company that can get around such issues, even if they're difficult.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question of transparency - Help or Harm? - by Hifi_swlon - 07-Dec-2015, 12:16