Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The impossibility of sound quality difference whatever the medium
I haven't made a change to my system for a while now. Some days though, it sounds absolutely fantastic and some days it's just that little bit off. I don't have a perfect reference point for where I have my ears so I put the difference to my imperfect seating position. It wouldn't be hard to change out a cable and then sit just in the perfect spot or just that bit more close of further from your speakers.
So, if you hear a difference, how sure are you that it's the cable? For me it's a bit of a no brainer; I know that if I get my ears in the right spot I can enjoy my music to the fullest so I'm not interested in cable swapping. I can surely see why some people would though. After all, you want the best out of your system.

Having said all that, the biggest differences to me in order of significance are;
1. The recording quality
2. The system I play it on
3. The room it plays in
4. How drunk I am. Or, as in the good old days, the more high I was, the more high end my system sounded.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The impossibility of sound quality difference whatever the medium - by Pim - 10-Dec-2015, 16:28