Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Devialet Expert Remote uncomfortable
I don't think I'll debate it much, but I don't agree that the remote is disappointing or annoying. If there was no 'blank face' in the remote dial, I doubt anyone would be criticizing the lack of a display. I can't think of any remote that that has a display, so the Dev. remote is not lacking anything.

I use mine only to change volume; I don't fuss with tone controls or inputs, but if I need to, I do get up and go to the unit or use the app; that is a click or two away from whatever app I'm using to control the music. The volume starts at -40 and then I adjust it based on what volume I want.

I find the fact that the Dev. remote works through walls (though not through my refrigerator) an advantage that outweighs the lack of immediate access to controls or settings that I rarely use. Others may find that tradeoff less valuable.

Again, if we didn't see the 'ideal' spot for a big display on the remote, I doubt it would get any mention. In multiple other threads about the remote, someone posted that Devialet did say that to have a lit display on the remote would result in batteries lasting two weeks (plus or minus) rather than two years.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using Devialet Expert Remote uncomfortable - by Damon - 05-Dec-2015, 19:34