Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Devialet Expert Remote uncomfortable
I liked the Devialet on demo and loved the feel of the remote - I detest up/down buttons for adjustments. I chose not to buy one because I couldn't see the display.
The importer offered me a vertical mount so I succumbed.
I requested a display on the remote and the engineer I talked to said they would look into it, this would be in 2011 or 2012. He came back saying the battery life would be unsatisfactory. I presumed that this would be as much because of the continuous 2-way radio comms required as the display consumption. I believe the remote only sends a signal when a control is moved so most of the time it is asleep. Nobody said anything about 2-weeks though. My camera battery only lasts about 4 hours if I disable display sleep. A sleeping display on the remote would be just like the standard one. I often listen for 4 hours in a day, having to recharge the remote daily would be a pita.
The solution they came up with for those wanting a display was the phone app.
That was quite a while ago and I played around with it a bit when it was released, but haven't used it in over a year - I prefer the tactility of the real thing.
If people are willing to pay €400 for a remote with display why not buy the cheapest iPod and load the app? Cheaper and could be used for other stuff to if wanted...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using Devialet Expert Remote uncomfortable - by f1eng - 10-Dec-2015, 19:31