Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop me from making a mistake...
All, thanks for your thoughts & feedback so far, it's greatly appreciated!

As I've mentioned at the beginning, I really have no complaints about my Devialet 200 and like SAM.  It's just that nostalgic feeling I got when I auditioned the McIntosh system.

I realize that one of Devialet's selling points is their claim that the unit is future-proof and will never become obsolete but I often wonder...

I often think of it this way, we are being told that if a new format THAT DOES NOT EXHIST or HAS EVEN BEEN THOUGHT OF TODAY will be decodable by our current unit with a firmware update. How can someone promise compatibility with something they cannot possibly know about because it has not been invented yet?  That is like saying that today’s flu shot can be modified to work against a disease that has not evolved yet or that your car can run on a future fuel that has not been invented.  Makes me wonder...

BTW, I exchanged some emails with McIntosh and apparently their units can also be upgraded via firmware but for things like bug fixes and adding some additional features that the hardware can support.

Messages In This Thread
Stop me from making a mistake... - by sleach - 14-Dec-2015, 13:48
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by Pim - 14-Dec-2015, 15:21
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by G51 - 14-Dec-2015, 17:43
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by samurai7595 - 14-Dec-2015, 19:12
Stop me from making a mistake... - by NickB - 27-Dec-2015, 09:50
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by Pim - 27-Dec-2015, 11:36
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by Pim - 28-Dec-2015, 09:37