Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop me from making a mistake...
(27-Dec-2015, 09:50)NickB Wrote: If AIR is a hardware issue why does mine and quite a few others using Windows 10 and AIR 8.1.3 work perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Nick,

I used to be in your camp. Never had any dramas with AIR on my Mac mini. Always thought other were doing something wrong. Then there was a software update of some sort and the dramas started. As far as I understand, AIR was initially made for Mac only and worked fine. Then there was an 'upgrade' so it would work on Windows computers too and that's when things went south. Now it seems to work on Windows 10 but not on some people's Macs. Whatever it is that causes it, it is clear that the way AIR works is very depended on the rest of the set up. Unlike USB which is just plug and play.

So my best guess is that the way AIR V2 works causes the issue and Devialet haven't been able to reliably fix it. That's a shame and I would rather Devialet acknowledge there's a problem that can't be fixed with software and change the hardware. Even if that means that I have to buy a new AIR card specifically for Mac. 

I'm not at all suggesting Devialet need to give us all a new AIR card. I'm suggesting Devialet develop an AIR system that's robust and sell us those cards. Given that the alternative to getting the sound quality of AIR from a streaming device costs quite a bit too, having to pay for a working AIR card just makes sense to me. Even though there's an argument I've already paid for it...I'd still pay again, just so I can enjoy my D200 to the fullest.

Long story short; There are too many people who can't get AIR to work reliably to suggest it's the customer's fault. So it is a hardware problem that in some cases can be patched up with software.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Stop me from making a mistake... - by sleach - 14-Dec-2015, 13:48
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by Pim - 14-Dec-2015, 15:21
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by G51 - 14-Dec-2015, 17:43
Stop me from making a mistake... - by NickB - 27-Dec-2015, 09:50
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by Pim - 27-Dec-2015, 11:36
RE: Stop me from making a mistake... - by Pim - 28-Dec-2015, 09:37