Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016)
(10-Feb-2016, 18:47)Antoine Wrote: I don't think it'll ever happen. Current models are clearly targetted for stereo although they can be used as pass through amplifiers for the two front channels and even the subwoofers when you have a surround pre/pro that can mix the sub/LFE channel into the FL+FR channels (I have it set up like this personally).

IMO they'd need Dolby/DTS surround sound decoders, HDMI in-/outputs and probably more analog (pre)outputs to be useful as "the center" in a surround system.

Having thought again about this idea I submitted in February about surround systems (an idea Fred had already touched in January to be fair), and studied more in 'depth' the offering of their French colleagues Trinnov, they could announce a cooperation with them in two axis :
  • a box to put before the Devialet components (be it Expert amps seen as a pair of speakers or Phantom seen as individual speakers) to offer complete Dolby surround solutions 5.1 or 7.1 under Devialet brand
  • the same box could embark the elements aimed at managing room correction which have been widely expected by the crowd here
This would boost the sales of both companies as Devialet probably is a little stuck with its range of Expert products and the hi-fi range of Trinnov does not seem to get the same level of success than its pro-audio range.
What do you think ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016) - by SwissBear - 30-Mar-2016, 08:26