Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016)
(31-Mar-2016, 10:21)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Joking aside, I'm really surprised that Devialet didn't send Guillaume Od'A #001/100 as a goodwill gesture of thanks.  Apart from being a nice guy and one of Devialet's biggest fans, his running this forum has probably saved them a fortune in support costs alone, as well as helped build a sense of community and knowledge around the brand, both of which surely benefits them as a company.

When I've talked with Devialet support and mentioned what I've learned in this forum they have had only negative reactions. I've told them I wouldn't have bought my D400 without this forum. This forum has solved issues for me that Devialet support has "worked on" for months without success. This forum is the most useful source of information or advice about Devialet. Oh wait, that's probably what Devialet dislikes. To be fair I'm sure they dislike our misinformation, ignorance, and griping (all of which occasionally happen). For a company that doesn't believe in listening to their products I'm sure they think we're a bunch of nuts for debating the different sound of each firmware release. They've said there's no difference after all, so how could we think there is? Anyway, I'm not sure that Devialet loves us here so it is our job to appreciate Guillaume and everyone else who makes this such a great community. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016) - by deviousalet - 31-Mar-2016, 12:22