Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
I'm wondering if it's even possible to run the required RAAT software package inside the Expert range.

For Phantom using the Dialog it should be no issue at all but there's probably not enough memory and computing power available on the DUET interface card, or elsewhere, inside our 'Experts'. There's only 32MB of memory and a lightweight FPGA (Altera CycloneIII EP3C5) on the DUET besides the DSP (Analog Devices ADSP-21488). Don't think this is powerful enough but mind you I am not an embedded systems developer (I'm not a developer at all. Wink) See attachment for a picture of the DUET card, mind you it's much smaller than it appears.

What would be possible in my view is adapting AIR2 to support it. Unfortunately while Roon has been willing to work with Devialet, Devialet has chosen to not respond to Roon soon after initial contact was made.

For Phantom they've chosen to simply deny working together with Roon as Devialet wants their users to use Spark.

Let's face it. The Expert in it's basis is NOT a streamer, it's an integrated amplifier with DAC and phono amplifier. It's a bit sad though that they seem to have given up on the initial AIR promise although it could still be possible they're working on a successor like AIR3 which might require a new DUET interface card and/or WiFi module. I'm not holding my breath for it though! Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - by Antoine - 11-Jan-2016, 18:04