Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
(11-Jan-2016, 22:07)mdconnelly Wrote: ...
Since I absolutely do want to stream Roon to my Devialet and do so at the highest quality, I'm now looking into the SonicOrbiter SE which can serve as a Roon RAAT and then stream to the Devialet via USB.   That seems like a very slick solution - anyone doing that yet?    …

It's so new I don't think there's any feedback on it yet, via RAAT or as a HQPlayer NAA (which it is also optimised for, among other things) - not that I've seen anyway and I've been avidly reading this week.  Very little traffic even on ComputerAudiophile so far, where Sonore have a 'base'.

Sonore have a pretty good reputation on the hardware so far as far as I understand. But I wish they'd give a better idea when the microRendu is being released, and its approx price point, to help decide whether to wait for that or not.

Other than that the Auralic Aries is the only current RoonReady option, but give it a week or two and we should see a few more.

Interestingly Melco and Aurender weren't on the CES list, but both have said unofficially they're adopting it.  The Roon guys did say 'a lot more to follow'. I guess manufacturers want to make sure they can get it to work before they announce….

No answer from Roon about hardware yet.  Even if its impossible for the Experts, they should add it to the Dialogue so Phantom users can take advantage if they want to.  But until someone says it categorically cant be done, I'm going to keep the faith.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - by Hifi_swlon - 12-Jan-2016, 00:15