Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
Blair, I don't use iTunes any more - it was OK as a stopgap, but it doesn't do what I get from Roon - which is pretty much what I'd been searching for for a long time - not least the advanced metadata features, discovery, and streaming integration.

I've grown up with Apple and am an Apple household, but I find their software just gets more and more dumbed down and apple-centric these days and I don't like it. All I use it for now is ripping and putting music on our phones (the auto conversion's great).

Glad Air works for you, but it never has for me. The best I got was crackles and pops most days, and while some call that acceptable, I didn't, I found it ridiculous. I'm not a networking professional, but I'm advanced, and can code and script and know my way around networks, switches, VPNs, firewalls, etc a lot of which I've done as an aside to my main job. I've never encountered a networking thing as frustrating and badly implemented and documented as Air - certainly not in something aimed at consumers who shouldn't need advanced knowledge and who just want to listen to music. So from my POV Air just isn't a viable solution in any setup, and I don't intend to change my whole system just to accommodate it. Devialet should drop it as marketed feature in my opinion, (or at least not block someone else having a go).

Now, FW 9.0.1 I can do!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - by Hifi_swlon - 13-Jan-2016, 00:26