Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
(17-Jan-2016, 04:44)MountainGuy Wrote: Regardless of what Devialet may state about their plan to ignore the likes of Roon, I believe that they will find it untenable rather quickly as their competitors make partnerships for better UIs.  So I'm not personally too worried about Devialet maintaining its monolithic control over their software and not partner with others. I believe this is inevitable.  But then, what do I know....? Smile

Let's hope so....

RoonReady on Devialet would bring a nice UI, but in a way you can get that already via USB, but RAAT would bring further benefits.

Reading Brian's (Roon CTO) detailed posts about the design and thought processes behind RAAT is really interesting, especially for technical people.
I get the sense it's far beyond just being an Air that works. They really do have an expertise here. As he says himself, this is the third time round for him, having previously architected streaming for  Meridian and Sooloos.....  

Here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/whats-t...lay/6891/5

And here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/raat-an...hip/6915/2

The first reports coming in from people with RoonReady devices are that it just works flawlessly, even with DSD. Not just for some, not depending on operating system, and not for 40 minutes at a time on sunny Tuesday's in March and December only.  By all accounts so far it appears it works out of the box from day 1 for everyone and on the different hardware platforms custom streamers are built on.  

This is why it's best to stick to people's specialities.  Software isn't Devialet's - and that's being polite.

I still think it's worth every user who wants RoonReady to pester Devialet, at least until we know for sure (from the Roon guys) that they've been given the specs from Devialet, and have concluded whether or not its technically possible to put it into the Experts.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Jan-2016, 21:10