Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
(28-Jan-2016, 11:05)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(28-Jan-2016, 07:39)petrik Wrote:
(27-Jan-2016, 23:20)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Unless of course Devialet resources are strained because they're busy putting the finishing touches to a completely redesigned, stable, and cross-platform 'Air2'. SmileSmile

Actually I got a message from Devialet support yesterday and they said that they are currently working on AIR.

I'm sure they are, but personally I wouldn't get too excited…. Wink

It would be a nice surprise if they released something that worked reliably for everyone and on all the platforms and OS's people want to use, but I think its safe to say if they haven't nailed it by now they're probably not going to get there.  Because its funny how their main excuses of 'OS bugs' and 'home networks being connected to that dastardly old dropout inducing internet thingy' don't appear to cause other people's network audio streaming designs to fall over without explanation….

Hi there, 

I attended a "Original d'Atelier" event last week in Madrid. There was a Devialet engineer present in the event who very kindly dealt with our questions re the Devialet Expert line. 

I asked him about "Air2". He highlighted that this is a serious/key priority for them. He explained to me that at the time in which the Air technology was rolled out, they chose the network protocol giving the best possible sound quality to the detriment of reliability. Hence, the Air-related issues many of us are currently suffering. 

He explained to me that the Phantom network transmission protocol is different (emphasis is on reliability rather than on best possible quality -even if sound quality levels are also high). Devialet is currently testing howto better !import" the aforesaid Phantom network protocol into the Expert line. Devialet is trying to increase quality to the highest possible level while keeping the same high reliability.

As to timing, obviously he said Devialet cannot commit to specific dates for "Air2" (this is how I called it, he never used this expression) but end of second quarter 2016 is the date Devialet is currently aiming to. 

Devialet's engineer also left open the possibility of "Air2" being delivered through a Firmware upgrade or through Dialog ("everything is still possible..." he said).

Perhaps much of this info is already known but thought it could be interested to share it in this context. Smile

All the best

viriato0811

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - by viriato0811 - 28-Jan-2016, 16:46