Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
(28-Jan-2016, 16:46)viriato0811 Wrote: …..
Perhaps much of this info is already known but thought it could be interested to share it in this context.
…...

viriato0811

Thanks Viriato, that's really helpful, and I'm not sure that much was known - at least not in terms of it coming from a Devialet engineer.

You actually made my day, as I did really laugh out loud - not at you, you understand - but at:

Quote:...they chose the network protocol giving the best possible sound quality to the detriment of reliability

You couldn't make it up!   Angry But at least they've actually come clean, even if it was informal.

So for a re-do on a technology they invented and has ben broken for quite some time, they're still testing and don't know exactly what form its replacement will take, and 'aim' to have something to show in about 6 months on the special Devialet calendar.

Meanwhile Roon - a small startup company - released their version of Air (RAAT), along with an SDK type thingy for manufacturers to implement in their hardware - some of which have already been released - in less time, and that was just a small part of their overall 'software' development in their first year.

I got a double-whammy and laughed out load again at:

Quote:"everything is still possible…" he said.

Yup, because you still haven't got a solid solution in place!

Come on Devialet engineers - man up and just call Roon already and take their solution and be done with it!  
It's a win-win!

Smile  Confused  Rolleyes

viriato0811 you made my day, top post and thanks for reporting….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - by Hifi_swlon - 28-Jan-2016, 17:14