Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
(28-Jan-2016, 16:46)viriato0811 Wrote: ... He explained to me that at the time in which the Air technology was rolled out, they chose the network protocol giving the best possible sound quality to the detriment of reliability. Hence, the Air-related issues many of us are currently suffering. 

He explained to me that the Phantom network transmission protocol is different (emphasis is on reliability rather than on best possible quality -even if sound quality levels are also high). Devialet is currently testing howto better !import" the aforesaid Phantom network protocol into the Expert line. Devialet is trying to increase quality to the highest possible level while keeping the same high reliability.

Hmm.  Taking a casual browse through the Phantom section of the forum doesn't suggest that the reliability of the protocol is a huge improvement over AIR...or maybe I'm being grumpy.

I tend to agree with Hifi_swlon: Devialet are never going to get a reliable solution - for either Phantom or Expert range - unless they can get over the Not-Invented-Here syndrome.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet…. - by thumb5 - 28-Jan-2016, 17:58