Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the criteria of SAM implementation
(27-Aug-2014, 10:00)vanber Wrote: How does Devialet really choose the speakers for SAM?

They write on their website that if a speaker has at least 100 votes, they'll develop the SAM profile. But, looking at the order of the list, there are speakers with only very few votes, which are already SAM ready.

And does it make sense to program SAM for a speaker, which costs only about € 800.-? If I had a 800.- speaker I wouldn't spend 5'000.- for an amp.

Are there other criteria from Devialet...?

Hi Vanber and welcome to Devialet Chat! Smile

To find some answers to your questions you might want to browse through some of the other threads in the Speakers forum, in particular http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Vote-for-SAM-request and http://devialetchat.com/Thread-New-speakers-SAM-ready

Regarding your Focal Maestro Utopia III I would strongly recommend contacting Devialet directly about this. A number of us had discussions with Devialet prior to our speakers becoming SAM'd, I think it definitely helps.

I believe one of the criteria is as simple as Devialet having access to a particular speaker model. That would explain why many speakers were SAM'd even though they got very few votes. Dodgy

The other point worth bearing in mind is that SAM evidently has a greater impact on smaller/cheaper speakers. With my Wilson Sasha 2 whilst the difference with SAM on is noticeable it's not night and day and actually I often prefer it off (depending on the music). My previous speakers, the Sophia 3s, benefitted from SAM much more.

Make sure you take pics of your new speakers when they arrive! Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the criteria of SAM implementation - by GuillaumeB - 27-Aug-2014, 10:46