Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subwoofer Level (Devi-Out)
Hi!

are there any recommendations regarding the output voltage of the preamp when using a subwoofer? Is it better to set it to a lower or a higher value?

Thanks
I set it max: 4rms. The default at 2 rms wasn't enough for my sub. So it depends on your sub sensitivity. I just couldn't get sufficient signal at 2rms.
I didn't use the speaker input on the sub because with the preout, i can use the filter to limit output to 60Hz and below.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
I've put mine in 3 Vrms
Dare to learn!
[Mac Mini => Devialet 200 => Elac FS 509 VX JET]
There's no general answer to this. The optimal value is determined by the subwoofer and more specifically it's input sensitivity. Consult with the manufacturer of the sub or check the manual for the specified input sensitivity (in Vrms).

The trick is to adjust the Devialet to that specific value. If for example the sub's input sensitivity is 2Vrms it'll output max. SPL when fed that by the Devialet at maximum volume.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands