Poll: Do you own/use a turntable with your Devialet?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I own & frequently use my turntable
54.41%
37 54.41%
Yes, I own but rarely use my turntable
26.47%
18 26.47%
Yes, I own but no longer use my turntable
1.47%
1 1.47%
No, I don't own a turntable but I'm considering getting one
8.82%
6 8.82%
No, I don't own a turntable and I'm not interested in getting one
8.82%
6 8.82%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How many Devialet owners use a Turntable?
I also still love the ritual of selecting the album, removing it from it's jacket, placing it on the turntable, cleaning it and dropping the cartridge.  Yes, I'm a bit of a dinosaur and it reminds me of years gone by.   But in reality, I'm also busy and lazy and rarely spin vinyl much these days.  On the other hand, I don't think I'll ever get rid of the turntable or sell my vinyl.  

I will say that the Devialet's phono pre works exceptionally well with my vinyl rig and MC cartridge.

For me, vinyl can still trump digital with the right album and setup, but most of the time, not so much.  Many of my albums are 30+ years old and full of pops and ticks.  You don't see those kind of problems with digital (well, unless you've ripped vinyl ;-).   And nothing is easier than pressing the play button on music streaming.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many Devialet owners use a Turntable? - by mdconnelly - 26-Jan-2016, 15:59