Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds dropping, one speaker not working
(28-Jan-2016, 16:14)tosehee Wrote: Thanks for the replies.

My dialog and all servers are wired, so wifi is not an issue. Only wifi in the picture is my laptop that i am playing the song from, but dialog and my music servers (iTunes) are connected with wired.

As for the distance and obstacles, they are literally no obstacles between the phantom and dialog in the living room. They are wide open, and I still hear this pauses and glitches.

I may understand the phantom in bedroom upstairs, but this is still falling short of the promise.. What' the point of having 13 phantoms if they all have to be closed to each other or there is no obstacles in between? I don't get it.

As I said, all the hardwares are upgraded (this is more or less forced, no?), so I don't know what the issues are.

My network is quite simple. It's just a home. I have a router downstairs and apple WAP in between. As I said, all of them are wired, so it's not even going through the apple router at all.

Resetting the system helps for a bit then it goes back to having an issue in a few... I don't know how this is usable solution...

To my understanding the Dialog still communicates and syncs via WiFi in addition (?) to the wired connection, it also uses the AC to connect. It was said that Devialet uses some kind of mesh networking to integrate more Phantoms, in fact it would even become more stable the more machines you would add (at least that is the theory).

I am no expert on this, but I would maybe test a bit and see what happens. Are your WiFi (Apple in Bridge mode?), Dialog and Phantoms physically in the same room? If your router (also WiFi?) is downstairs how is it wired with the rest? All Ethernet or did you use a WiFi Bridge, MoCa or AC connection? How is your router configured (any Firewalls, ports closed etc.).

Networks are a really weird issue. I have about 20 devices connected in my home and they are all managed by one router and a bridge. It took me trial and error to find the right setup and a router that was able to manage these properly. The others I tested would go down (slow, unresponsive) about once a week. Even with this one it happens, but maybe only once a month. One time I needed to do a factory reset of my router and start from scratch as it was causing problems for no apparent reason (this did the job, while the restart with a setup that worked for some time did not). Your laptop or smartphone can be a useful tool for checking your network. There is plenty of software available - although this becomes sometimes quite technical. So my suggestion is trial and error and try to eliminate one potential cause after the other. Of course only if you are willing to invest some time. I can understand that this is frustrating (as it was for me). However I do not regret and it was worth it.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 with LPSU -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> 2x Phantom I Gold
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense / Airplay)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds dropping, one speaker not working - by seb - 28-Jan-2016, 17:01