Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to have a reliable setup?
Yes - sorry to hear about your dad.

Ethernet is reliable and fool proof.

But the best wireless configuration I've had was when I made a wireless network with an apple airport extreme using 5Ghz frequency. The goal was to just make an internal network that didn't need internet etc. so I could simply stream my iTunes library. So I disconnected my router from the system completely. I enabled the AE to handle DHCP and NAT. I then unplugged everything, connected an ethernet cable between dialogue and AE and started up the AE (waited till it restarted fully), then dialogue (then pressed button three times on back to reset), then phantoms (when on I pressed button three times on back on each of them). I then went through the setup as usual from the iMac.   I had no internet access of course with this system but the network was rock solid and spark found it more or less instantly.

The main problems, for me at least, seem to come when you have a poor router. It also seems that most ISP supplied routers are terrible unless they can be put into 'bridge mode.' Unfortunately mine doesn't allow this so I just disconnected it for a while from the sound system and everything became solid and good.

Hopefully there will be some time to test before the funeral.

Messages In This Thread
How to have a reliable setup? - by booshtukka - 02-Feb-2016, 11:15
RE: How to have a reliable setup? - by eibet - 02-Feb-2016, 11:38
How to have a reliable setup? - by poppmarcel - 02-Feb-2016, 21:14
RE: How to have a reliable setup? - by eibet - 03-Feb-2016, 08:31
RE: How to have a reliable setup? - by James007 - 02-Feb-2016, 22:03
How to have a reliable setup? - by booshtukka - 03-Feb-2016, 14:01