Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest way to get radio into Devialet?
(07-Feb-2016, 22:53)PhilP Wrote:
(07-Feb-2016, 21:56)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(07-Feb-2016, 18:37)DelaneyB Wrote: If you're an iPad user, the Airport express is the way to go rather than chromecast.

I was just about to put the Chromecast order through..... So, can't you control the Chromecast from an iPad? That would be a deal breaker.

Actually it looks like you can run TuneIn on the iPad, which covers most stations I want to use. Surely that would work?
Or do I really need to stream to it from my headless Mac mini rather than the iPad? Can the TuneIn ap control that?

Yes, you can control a Chrromecast Audio from an iPad. The nice thing about the Chromecast is that the music streams direct from the source to your Devialet the iPad is only for control so once youve started streaming you can turn the iPad off.

If you use just the TuneIn app the music is steaming through the iPad draining the battery etc.

Thanks PhilP,

So, the former sounds ideal - but I'm not sure I follow what application I'd be using with the Chromecast? Or does it have its own radio application and iPad remote?

Apologies if this sounds dense! I've only just started reading about it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easiest way to get radio into Devialet? - by Hifi_swlon - 07-Feb-2016, 23:07