Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest way to get radio into Devialet?
(13-Feb-2016, 23:17)frenek Wrote: Phil are you shure that Chromecast directly streams from the source without using iphone/ipad ? 
As far as I understand the apps are installed on iphone/ipad and not on chromecast. How should work direct streaming from the source in this case?
It is my understand that chromecast streaming is working in the same manner as apples airplay with airport express with regard to
battery consumption, doesn't it ?

Yes, my understanding is that the Chromecast streams direct from the source. Take a look at the Wiki entry which has more info:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromecast

"The primary method of playing media on the device is through Google Cast–enabled mobile apps and web apps, which control program selection, playback, and volume. The Chromecast itself streams the media from the web within a local version of the Chrome browser,[8] thus freeing the controlling device up for other tasks, such as answering a call or using another application, without disrupting playback."
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easiest way to get radio into Devialet? - by PhilP - 14-Feb-2016, 21:04