Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest way to get radio into Devialet?
(19-Feb-2016, 23:39)k1282 Wrote:
(19-Feb-2016, 23:19)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(19-Feb-2016, 23:08)k1282 Wrote: just a short question.

I like the idea of using TuneIn for listening to the radio.

As my toslink slot is already in use for my CD Player, I only have the Optical 2 (mini Toslink) slot still free.

Can I buy Chromecast Audio and connect it via a toslink mini - toslink mini cable and stream from app to chromecast?

Yes.

Technically speaking, in Tunein's case you don't stream from the App to Chromecast - the App tells Chromecast what you want to stream and Chromecast makes a direct connection. There is a lag of a couple of seconds while it sorts itself out and buffers, and then you're good - you can shutdown the App or use the iPad for something else and it doesn't affect the stream - until it receives another message to stream (or stop). I accidentally left mine streaming all day initially - I'm not bandwidth limited but it's still a waste IMO so I press stop if I can.

sounds fine.

but I have a cable question:
given that only my optical 2 slot is free at the D200, do i have to buy a mini toslink to mini toslink cable or can I use the included 3.5-mm stereo cable?

You need the toslink if you want it to be digital into the Devialet (and I'm sure you do).
Analogue would work too but I'm not sure where you'd plug the 3.5mm, you probably need a convertor to RCA?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easiest way to get radio into Devialet? - by Hifi_swlon - 19-Feb-2016, 23:53