Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest way to get radio into Devialet?
Ok, so I'm deeply impressed with the little ChromecastAudio.

It's been rock solid so far, other than a short glitch on day 1, but then I was mucking about with it settin it up, so it could have just been something there, or the Internet radio stream - no idea. Since then I've got a good few days on it, and it's been faultless. I don't know why, but I guess after owning Devialet you just somehow expect network streaming to give you endless grief, but here this little £30 device - connected to wifi at the opposite end of the house - just does what it's meant to. Go figure! I even accidentally unplugged the wifi access point when I was cleaning, and after I connected it back up, the Chromecast picked up and carried on.

I can see this really taking off, and unless the Pi or Cubox are vastly superior running RoonBridge (when it comes out) I think I'll just grab a couple more.

I'm now running it with a LPS (for no reason other than I bought one for another purpose and it's not needed there yet), but couldn't tell you if it sounds better or not - I do like it's blue LED though.

Thanks to all those who offered help/suggestion.

If you want Radio (or other supported streaming like from Android phones) into your Devialet, and are happy for the solution to be cheap, I highly recommend you start here!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easiest way to get radio into Devialet? - by Hifi_swlon - 20-Feb-2016, 13:14