Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers
I see that the UPnP/DLNA or if we're lucky OpenHome support is way more important at this moment than any commercial software specific protocol. But that is just me of course Smile The reason I think so is simply that it is an industry standard and you can find (free) control point software on almost any imaginable platform already. So you could have a streaming system that is usable with anyone owning a smart device as opposed to a streaming service available for those that have a Windows PC or a Mac and choose to leave their computers running 24/7 and pay $119 a year for this luxury.

Also from what I hear, Roon will (soon?) support streaming to Linn streamers, which would mean OpenHome support, which is an extension to DLNA/UPnP. So it would work with Devialet with UPnP-support directly or with a very trivial change.

Anyway, UPnP/DLNA/OpenHome support would make Devialet the one box solution I always hoped it would be. I don't know about the storage space on the Devialet, but basically I could incorporate all the features of Dialog inside Devialet expert range. Now that would be something.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers - by jjo - 12-Feb-2016, 18:22