Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers
(16-Feb-2016, 19:09)jjo Wrote: …...Imagine Devialet going bankrupt. Because AIR needs drivers and active maintenance, it would no longer work after the next OS update.

jjo I actually really liked your post, but I did have a little chuckle at the above - if only that were a problem for many of us Big Grin

I disagree about the specifics of going open source personally, but purely because I don't want anything based on Upnp, and open home seems too new to tell how well it will be adopted - either way it just seems to be a lashing of something onto something else to reduce the development burden.

But who knows, maybe in the future I wont be using Roon and so might need another system, or others might prefer to use something else, so I agree a choice would be god and a new attitude towards supporting other options would be good too.

I dont want to keep dragging Roon threads over here, so I wont link to it but there's a really nice topic where they discuss why they absolutely don't think upnp has a place in todays world, and another where they discuss the technical merits of RAAT. Obviously they may be biased, but I like their openness. and it all seems pretty well based on solid reasoning.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers - by Hifi_swlon - 16-Feb-2016, 19:26