Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers
(16-Feb-2016, 20:45)blair.athol Wrote:
(16-Feb-2016, 16:26)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(14-Feb-2016, 14:14)Xander Wrote: I am wondering what the setup is from all with issues with Air...  I have made a separate streaming network for audio and it works perfect.... Cable modem wired to Airport Extreme (turn all wireless signals from cable modem off, make a 2.4 and 5 ghz network) + a separate Airport express extending the Airport network and have this little box next to the Devialet...

Maybe I'm just lucky, hopefully I can help you to get Air working...

-streaming from MacBook Air with Tidal or  iTunes-

Like you say, maybe you're just lucky Wink

Seems there are many people just being lucky... statistically speaking I am not sure what lucky means then...
For my case, I just have set up my system with a lan cable between my Mac and my Time capsule and from my time capsule to my Devialet. Air works perfectly with iTunes or Qobuz app from my Mac. Qobuz even offers direct mode with Air. This is not possible with Roon. So, I think although Roon is a great software, it is not Devialets fault that exclusive mode is not working. Dodgy

I'm sure there are plenty of people being lucky. There are also plenty being not so lucky. Statistically speaking I think you could call this a few things -without the exact numbers its hard to say what though beyond luck Wink

It's great to hear these stories from people that have AIR running well (good for them), but why make out that just because thats the case for you, that everyone else's networks or setups are to blame! Believe it or not there are some pretty technically competent people suffering AIR issues across e.g. wired gigabit networks that are otherwise perfect in every other walk of life apart from AIR. If AIR can't run reliably on these networks, its not reliable. Who knows what testing Devialet did - for all I know they built it around a Time Capsule.

Not sure why the AIR/exclusive mode comment has been attributed to me or anything I've said - I use Roon via USB Confused Since you mention it though, if you follow the Roon forums, they have said a few times that Devialet have given no assistance in resolving what the issue is with exclusive mode and AIR, and since they don't publish anything about the AIR protocol, there's a limited amount they can do to debug. Perhaps Devialet are more helpful to Qobuz since they integrate with the Dialogue and also are happy to fit into Spark, whereas Roon offer a (vastly superior IMO) solution to both Spark and AIR. AIR in exclusive mode never worked properly for me when I used Audirvana for example, and by properly you know what I mean….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers - by Hifi_swlon - 16-Feb-2016, 23:04