Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers
(16-Feb-2016, 19:26)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
I disagree about the specifics of going open source personally, but purely because I don't want anything based on Upnp, and open home seems too new to tell how well it will be adopted - either way it just seems to be a lashing of something onto something else to reduce the development burden.

I have no idea why people dislike UPnP so much. I mean, so far the streamer I consider the best I've ever used, usability and functionality wise, is  Sonos. And Sonos is basically a UPnP-streamer with some extensions. Mostly those extensions something that has been addressed in OpenHome specs.

As for OpenHome, it is not that new. Linn developed it for it's own streamers and they've been around since 2007. I also don't know what counts as acceptable adoption, but at least Auralic streamers use OpenHome and so does Lumin. At least in some circles all of these brands are considered high end.

But I guess some can see implementing something ready and stable in order to concentrate doing new stuff as a bad thing Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers - by jjo - 17-Feb-2016, 11:16