Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers
I guess what I was getting at was Devialet didn't feel UPnP was up to task so they wrote something new and cutting edge (at the time).  I think they had the right idea, but sadly they failed miserably on the delivery aspect.

Purely form research, I feel like RAAT is the natural successor to AIR, rather than an upgraded UPnP based solution.  Quite a lot of high end brands have announced they are on board already, and its only been available a month.  Here's the latest list I saw announced, although I've heard that 'dozens' are still to come:

AURALiC, Audio Alchemy, Bel Canto, Bryston, Cary Audio, Constellation Audio, dCS, Exasound, IQ Audio, LH Labs, Lumin, PS Audio, Small Green Computer/Sonore, SoTM, and TotalDAC.

My guess is these high-end brands feel that it's good too, and first reports are that it's totally stable, and works with all formats including DSD (I don't think openhome can do this as one example?).  When I researched open home after you posted, I couldnt really find it mentioned anywhere….

Time will tell about the success of either I guess - if only we had both options in our experts right now so we could debate which ones we preferred using, rather than debating the unlikely event that either will be integrated Wink

I agree its a shame RAAT is not open source - Roon should seriously consider it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Feb-2016, 11:45