Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers
(17-Feb-2016, 16:24)thumb5 Wrote:
(17-Feb-2016, 16:11)GuillaumeB Wrote: Well Devialet would need to rewrite AIR but it would be based on a far more robust transport protocol. They could still call it AIR but the plumbing would be based on AES67 and not UDP. And given the way Ravenna works it would not dependent (in the same way) on the OS of the Mac or PC, at least that is my understanding. 

AES-67 is based on RTP over UDP, I believe.  But as I've mentioned before, the fact that AIR is based on UDP cannot be the fundamental cause of its problems.  The fact is that robustness has to be added at a layer above UDP, which is what RTP and AES-67 (presumably) do properly.

Ah ok... What layer is UDP in the OSI model? 2?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers - by GuillaumeB - 17-Feb-2016, 16:26