Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers
When I bought the Devialet, it was getting nothing but glowing press and seemed the darling of the audio industry.  I did have a chance to spend time with a 120 (bought the 200) so was aware of the AIR issues.   But I also felt it was no big deal and they'd get it resolved in no time (that was nearly a year ago).  After all, a lot of companies do music streaming quite well.  

No one likes to see "their" favorite gear manufacturer screw up.  I'm dismayed by the way Devialet is "not" handling AIR, not communicating well with its customer base, and seemingly focusing all its attention on the Phantom.  Like many of you, I'm concerned that it may be a portend of things to come.  But -- and this is important for me -- even if the Devialet had no streaming solution,  I would have bought the 200.  To my ears, in my system, it just sounds better than anything else I've owned (and I have had some top-shelf gear).  And that's what it's all about.  

Like everyone here - I want Devialet to succeed.  We all win when it does.   So, yes, time to let AIR go and seek an alternate way to stream - plenty exist at a quite reasonable cost.  Devialet will eventually address the issue and I'll let them "exceed my expectations" when they do.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Software Updates for Expert Amplifiers - by mdconnelly - 18-Feb-2016, 15:25