Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark is so awful - I hope Airplay is coming
Quote:As seems to be the general consensus here, the speakers themselves are amazing. But the app is crap.

Sorry to hear that. Spark sounds horrendous. I haven't had enough experience to know it in detail, but from my two brief interactions at demos - at one of which the Devialet staff had to take over control 'because it worked a little differently than expected' - I decided I'd never be able to live with Phantoms if that was the only control. Regardless of how they sounded. On top of my other misgivings about the brand at the time, they lost the sale.

Have you tried Roon? It's a UI dream. They have been trying to get Devialet to adopt it, but they were told 'no chance' - everyone has to use the Spark Ap! So there are already alternatives out there, but Devialet won't let you use them, not easily anyway.

If the hazy rumours of a forthcoming 'Spark for the Expert series' turn out to be true, at least you'll be sharing your pain with people throughout the range - some of who will have paid £25,000 for their devices. Wink. So I bet people are getting really excited - we could combine it with AIR for that truly satisfying experience. WinkWink

It's rumoured Devialet hide out here, but do they read anything?  If they do they don't seem to take much onboard.

Your best bet is their Facebook page, emailing/phoning customer services, drumming up support with developers like Roon etc(I'm sure there are others too). As you say Devialet make amazing devices, but are massively hindered by amateur software/firmware, and a pretty arrogant attitude.  Those aspects needs a good kick up the a***, for their own sake as well as ours.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spark is so awful - I hope Airplay is coming - by Hifi_swlon - 10-Feb-2016, 20:56