Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark is so awful - I hope Airplay is coming
(11-Feb-2016, 15:00)EvPa Wrote: I guess that my expectations are set too low too, my only "issues" with Spark right now being that gapless playback and DLNA have not been implemented yet, the rest is fine.

For example, while I understand that it is apparently of use to some people, I honestly could not care less about the song's lyrics being displayed...

I had some problems at first with Spark suddenly not being able to access certain local files but it ended up being due to security settings unrelated to Spark (SONOS could't play them either).

I completely agree about the "English" on Devialet's website though (French is my native language), it probably does them a disservice.

With regards to the English, it is simply because they are using French people that speak English as a 2nd language rather than a proper translation company or native English speakers. This is not that surprising considering its a relatively small French company. For the same reasons, the issues with Spark demonstrate a lack of cost planning and maturity with project management. They claim to have spent 100 million on the hardware, which requires the sale of about 50,000 units before they start to turn a profit. This has meant they had little left to invest in the software side and so now is under-resourced and potentially holding back the hardware sales too. They will probably find their way out of this hole as the product is good enough, but it is just showing the "all too common" challenges of a small company trying to compete against the "big boys".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spark is so awful - I hope Airplay is coming - by jonstatt - 11-Feb-2016, 16:00