Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Experts Empirical Knowledge Part 1
(12-Feb-2016, 21:10)Confuse Wrote: How much difference can EMF actually be making?  Although it may very well be having an effect on humans for all I know.

And how can you wire a lamp out of phase?  Or are you referring to inverter type dimmer switches?  (Which can be very noisy). Edit - I do take the point about switching neutrals, this is actually very dangerous, but when a light is switched off you have almost infinite resistance in the circuit either way, so surely no EMF here?

Actually you can measure the amount of EMF from power on a line with the right equipment ( it's not with your walmart meter). No powerconsumer has to be connected. Think of a fully loaded capacitor. It has a potential field around it. Or think of a balloon rubbed on your hair. This kind of potential field.

I've done this measuring myself. The measuring system has a probe that can measure all 3 dimensions (x,y,z). The unit you measure at is Volt/meter (V/m). After you measured a whole cycle you can even say where the EMF comes from because of 3dimensional measuring. It doesn't matter if it's the powerline in your walls, a lamp or something else, it's just the field. For example you can say what strength the field is that a lighttransformer on the ceiling 1st floor is inducing through your floor into the 2nd floor. Very convincing when you see the result on the screen.

And the field differs as I said. One time there is voltage on the whole lamp the other time only on the line up to the switch of the lamp. Depending on which line the powerphase is taking on the  cabel of the lamp. The difference is huge in Voltage/meter on the measuring, i.e. 10 V/m (phase right) up to 90 V/m (phase wrong) or even more...and as expected near 0 V/m if you pull the plug.

To make it short. Best proof to hear is to pull all unnecessary powerconsumer in your listening room...it does not matter if they are powered on, but for sure the EMF is even stronger, when they're powered on.

gui

(think I was right with the 10% Big Grin )
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Experts Empirical Knowledge Part 1 - by yabaVR - 13-Feb-2016, 10:48