Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Tidal Stops Playing Track
Exclamation 
Have anyone encountered Tidal stopping playing the track through Phantoms? It is really weird — Spark shows that the track is still playing, though it takes 4 seconds of real time to change a single second of playtime in Spark. And of course there is no sound on the Phantoms during that time.

Pausing/unpausing track helps (for a minute or two).
Even worse, if I leave dialog idle for a day, it stops responding to Tidal at all. Sad
(15-Feb-2016, 23:26)dmitrek Wrote: Even worse, if I leave dialog idle for a day, it stops responding to Tidal at all. Sad

Why don't you call customer service and tell them to fix potentially another bug in the Spark.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
This is not spark. For me It's on the desktop version of Tidal playing through optical. As soon as the screen dims it stops after a while. Imac 5k latest OS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've contacted their support and they have offered to send me a test (replacement?) dialog.
I had issues of this type a while ago. Turned out it was the network setup. After a complete (!) reset of my network and subsequently the Dialog and Phantoms the problems were gone*. I know this is the solution mostly recommended, but it admittedly worked for me. So maybe it is worth a try.

*  In addition I also deleted Spark and all its's cache files (but that was because I really tried to single out every possible reason).

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)