Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Roon and Sonicorbiter SE = The Spark Killer
Andrew at Sonicorbiter has been awesome.  He just informed me that all Sonicorbiters as of today have been upgraded (including mine remotely) to v.10 which includes the 176k sample rate.  There is no up sampling done by the Sonicorbiter it is simply passing the signal now at 176 instead of 44k.  Roon is doing all the processing as again it is a Roon certified device.  Sound has gotten even better on DSD64 and DSD128 files.  This is an absolute must for 300 bucks.  I have a Raspberry on order to do a full review and comparison as well.  Stay tuned.  But based on the the chip differences, I am positive the So will sound better.  The issue with the PI is all processing s done via the USB hub audio and all.  The chip alone on the SO cost Andrew almost 100 bucks! The cheaper chip and signal path introduces pops and crackles that many have complained about.  I get none of that with the SO.  The sound is amazing.  No financial affiliation at all with Andrew or SO, just one happy customer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon and Sonicorbiter SE = The Spark Killer - by fritzcurtis1 - 18-Feb-2016, 18:58