Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are HiFi entusiasts negative to Phantoms ?
I do not know why people tend to think like this. But to me I see some similarities with the way some people regard Apple products.
-sleek, modern design (will make some people think that because it only looks good, but seemingly also means that it could therefore not be of decent quality)
-Not very much possibilities to 'improve' (by using lots of €€ on things like speakercables and such).
-Expensive (at least it seems expensive, but in the end it's more than worth the retailprice because of the quality level. Apart from the resale value after a few years of usage).

After listening to a set of white Phantoms for about 10 months now, I do have some conclusions.
-there are better systems available regarding SOME aspects, but not all aspects at the same time. (some speakers have better detail, others have better treble.)
-detail, atmosphere are very, very good. Bass will outclass almost any speaker.
-it will be very hard to find better SQ for the same amount of money.
-my level of fun in listening to music has improved greatly with Phantom. It both has the convenience of Sonos and the quality of a €10.000+ set.
Happy Phantom user since april 2015 (currently 2 Gold Phantom, Dialog, Branch/Tree) with Tidal hifi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are HiFi enthusiasts negative to Phantoms ? - by michirishi - 18-Feb-2016, 12:17