Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are HiFi entusiasts negative to Phantoms ?
I would not agree that audiophiles are negative to Phantoms.  It is true that some audiophiles are negative to Phantoms, but not all.

Indeed, I have come across a few audiophiles that are negative about anything Devialet, with the "Expert" range sounding digital, lacking emotion etc.

The point is, I do not believe there has ever been an audio related product for which all "audiophiles" agree on.  Some people love valves, some hate valves, some love Naim, some hate Naim, etc. etc.  (insert any audio product of your choice)

Occasionally you might even find "audiophiles" with differing views as to the influence of cables.

The key thing is to get the system that best suits your taste, the features you need, budget, etc, and sounds good to your ears.  Once you are happy you have picked the best for yourself, stick on some favourite tunes, enjoy, and stuff the opinions of anyone else!

I am lucky enough to have some KEF Blades and I recall once reading some posts from someone who had listed to some Blades at a show and reported back that they were overpriced, overhyped rubbish.  The funny thing was, I went to a hifi show a few weeks after this, KEF were demoing Blades, and to be honest I thought they sounded very poor, based on the demo, no way would I get a pair.  Once back home from the show, I then had a listen to my own Blades - bliss!

The point is that people will write their options based on personal biases, preferences, and often based on poor demonstrations.   This will always be so.  Chuck on a favourite tune and forget about it!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are Audiophiles negative to Phantoms ? - by Confused - 18-Feb-2016, 14:00