Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are HiFi entusiasts negative to Phantoms ?
(18-Feb-2016, 21:38)davidadamson Wrote: In some ways it is with sorrow that I leave this all behind, nothing more to do as I have two speakers on superb stands connected to my turntable, meridian CD and aurilac aries streamer, a remote.
Nothing left to buy and it upgrades itself, nothing left to do but listen to music...........................

David..you have for sure been through a lot of gear.
I am an engineer at heart professionally and private built my first speakers when I was 10 year old, but even more of all a Music Fanatic.
Since these massive on-line streaming services have started I do find amazing new and new for me artists every single day even though I have spent my whole life listening to music. If I compare to the quality of sound I can have in my car, headphones, and at home compared to what I use to have when young, everything sounds amazing. Yes I do put down more money than most people but on the other hand I do spend more time listening ( 1100 hours on Spotify only last year)
I have met a lot of Audiophiles that cannot listen to recordings/ productions that are not top notch, so they only listen to a few selected albums ( I use to be like that with Live recordings) but nowadays everything sounds more or less quite good.

So instead of tweaking the gear... Listen to music
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are HiFi entusiasts negative to Phantoms ? - by McChicken - 18-Feb-2016, 22:06