Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best CD Player for using D200 DAC?
(20-Feb-2016, 13:38)k1282 Wrote: Ideally, there is a good cd player with AES output.

any advice?

I was thinking about buying an Oppo but given the rise of 4k, I do not want to buy one today.

I can totally recommend the Pro-Ject CD Box RS. It's reduced to the max and you can even improve it with an extra power supply. I've worked with it and it sounds really great and is worth the 1k. It also has some latent skills to be wakend with some tuning.

Expecting, you are going down the "streaming-path", be it USB/ AIR / or else, in the near future, I would get this "small" solution, because it sounds great/money and is quiet small - it's a really good backup, once you are totally in streaming and a really big upgrade on every CDP (3years and older) if you use it now. You don't want to have a big block next to your neat Dev that you only use occasionally 2years from now?!

This said it's depending on the fact that you validate for yourself that streaming is the better sounding source. For me a CDP is nothing more than a backup if at all only used 2 times/month.

gui

p.s. pm me if you like to meet me at a presentation of the Pro-Ject at a shop here in berlin.
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
Best CD Player for using D200 DAC? - by k1282 - 20-Feb-2016, 13:38
Best CD Player for using D200 DAC? - by TDA - 21-Feb-2016, 08:28
RE: Best CD Player for using D200 DAC? - by yabaVR - 21-Feb-2016, 11:36